The Financial Intelligence Unit of Trinidad and Tobago (FIUTT) has implemented a secure electronic reporting solution called FIUConnect. This solution is designed to allow only FIUConnect registered Reporting Entities to prepare and electronically submit Suspicious Transaction Reports/Suspicious Activity Reports (STRs/SARs) and other Reports as they become available, to the FIUTT in a secure and efficient manner.
Through FIUConnect, it is anticipated that the hand delivery of paper based reports by Reporting Entities to the FIUTT will be reduced with the adoption of this new filing method. Reporting Entities seeking to submit reports using the secure reporting solution must be registered in FIUConnect.
Before an applicant can use FIUConnect, the applicant must first apply online to be registered in the FIUConnect system as either a Compliance Officer or an Alternate Compliance Officer with the FIUTT.
The steps to apply online are as follows:
- Go to FIUConnect’s Home page using https://fiuconnect.fiu.gov.tt or click here;
- Click the “New Applicant Registration” button at the end of the page;
- Click on the “Download Application Form” link on the “New Applicant Registration Form” window that opens. Follow the instructions on the downloaded form to complete;
- Fill out the information on the “New Applicant Registration Form” window. Ensure that all required documents are uploaded, including a copy of the completed signed downloaded form in item 3 above;
- Click the “Submit” button once the “New Applicant Registration Form” is completed and all necessary documents attached;
- Upon submission of the “New Applicant Registration Form”, the application undergoes an approval process by the FIUTT. On completion of this process, the applicant will be informed via email of their status.